- Excess sub or oil production
- Hyperkeratinisation or blockage of pores
- Bacterial growth
Acnes do not form overnight - they have probably been brewing under the skin for several days before becoming visible.
You may have heard your doctor describing acne in a different ways. Let's get familiar with some terminology!
- Whitehead: Whiteheads forms when oil and get trapped in each hair follicle. They are also known as closed comedones.
- Blackhead: Blackheads are similar to whiteheads but they open comedones. The black appearance comes about due to the oxidisation of the debris in the follicle.
- Papules: Papules are usually smaller than 1 cm, characterised by redness and swelling due to the inflammation caused by bacteria.
- Nodules: Nodules are often bigger, more than 1cm, often indicating a more serious deeper infection.
Ways to fix Acne
Acnes can be fixed using a combination of a good, effective skincare regime together with some procedures and facial treatments.
IDS Advanced Acne Treatment program
As explained in the 4 steps above, this program uses Theraclear machine to help one achieve clearer skin effectively. Regular facials once a month is beneficial.
This is an excellent treatment for stubborn acnes that always appear int he same region of the face or refractory to other treatments. It uses radio frequency to destroy acne prone oil glands, destroying them permanently.
Here are some of IDS Skincare products for reducing acne-prone problems:
IDS DermProbiotic + IDS Probiotic Mask
Creatively coined the "Twin Terrors of Acne", these two products which contain livestrains of good bacteria work together to calm the skin, reduce inflammation and destroy the bad bacteria in the acnes.
IDS Spot Control
Better known as "Overnight pimple killer", it is a powerful topical product that can shrink and reduce acne fast due to its anti-inflammatory properties.